Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Giving in the Thanks

   Thanksgiving is always a time of thanks.  The last year or so I have done the thankful everyday on facebook.  The cool thing about that is I think about it everyday and always find something to be thankful for whether its silly or deep.  There is always something to be thankful for in our lives.  I am most thankful for the giver, God.  Without Him I would not be where I am or who I am today.  I will not get where I am going without Him and I sure don't want to be with out Him!  I think we can get lost in the holidays and forget what the real meaning is.  So today I say Thank You God!  You are truly the giver!  But that is not all I want to mention today, but the most important for sure!
    Last time I wrote, I mentioned Spiritual gifts.  Well my super sweet sister http://chiselachurch.blogspot.com/ sent me 2 websites for test to take to guide you to your spiritual gifts.  Well, so far I have only taken one (I plan on taking the other very soon).  I found the results totally interesting.  My top 2 gifts are Administration and Encouragement.  Okay.  I could have told you Administration was something that I am pretty okay at.  I like organization and being timely with things.  But as a Spiritual gift I was shocked.  How do I use that to bring glory to God and help people?  Well maybe thats where encouragement comes in, because I know I can use that to help people and glorify God.  Like I said I found it interesting.  If you are curious about yours, leave me a note and I will post the link.  Now I just need to find out how to use these gifts. 
    Next up is my husband.  I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have him in my life.  He is such a wonderful, amazing, determined, prayerful, dedicated man.  I could go on and on about the things I love about him, but I want to instead offer you his website.  http://abetterbumpus.blogspot.com/.  I bring this up because he has posted something about trying to stay healthier for Thanksgiving.  (Yes I wrote the most of it but thats not the point).  He has an awesome blog in his own right/write (hehehe see what I did there =) ).  Anyway if you are looking for inspiration or healthy recipes or just whats going on in his life right now, check it out.  Word cannot express how proud I am of him and for him for all he has accomplished.  To God be the glory!  I love where we are as a couple and where we are going with the almighty Lord lighting our way. 
   I know this post is mostly random things just thrown out there but it is what was on my mind today!  Go and enjoy your families, a day off, and whatever your traditions over this weekend.  I will be cherishing time with my precious family!  Happy Thanksgiving!  I ask, what are you thankful for today?
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment