Monday, February 1, 2016

The Post in the Blog

Hey this is still here.  Thats awesome.  Clearly it has been a while.  A long long while since I have written anything.  On the blog of course.  I have written many pieces.  In my head.  Where they start and never seem to finish.  Today I thought I would try and reverse that trend.  So here it goes.

Last week was my birthday.  Yay.  Not a particularly great day for a lot of reasons but the biggest were that I had a sinus infection (yeah I can't even make it a month into the new year without one) and we had just gotten back from Disney.  So I was not in the best of moods anyway.  So yesterday we did more of a celebration for my birthday.  It was nice.  I was given a gift by a dear sweet thoughtful friend that was left on my porch.  It is a daily gratitude journal.  This meant so much to me because I had been thinking of how grateful I am.  Truly.  She gave me a place to sort of document it.  I had been thinking how I had not a great birthday but it was just a somewhat bad day.  Not a bad life.  We all have those sometimes.  Next a remember what happened 2 years ago thing popped up on Facebook.  It was about my mom and when she was in the hospital 3 years ago.  Again so grateful she is alive and healing each and every day.  I think of how grateful I am that our lives are so different from then and how hard that was.  On all of us.  She had so much go so wrong in such a short period of time.  I was and still am surrounded by the most amazing people in my life.  I have been asked how I made it through those difficult times.  The truth is I didn't.  God carried me through that 1000%.  I remember just collapsing in the shower so overcome with helplessness, thinking that I could not even stand up.  HE carried me.  I am so grateful and thankful and overwhelmed by that.  I think of how grateful I am for my life.  I mean that with every beat of my heart and breath I take.  10-12 years ago if you had told me where I would be and what I would be doing, I just would have laughed and wondered what was wrong with you. This life I have is wonderful and amazing and I would not trade it for anything.  I dont take it for granted because I remember what was before.  I know that it can also be gone at any moment.   I think of all the things that have changed.  I am grateful.  I know no of us are perfect but we are sure perfect for each other.  I am thankful for my friend who gave me such a wonderful gift and probably had no idea how it would touch me.  Now I have a beautifully bound book to write in.  Each day.  And remember that with each day I have something to be grateful for.  Even if it is a bad day.  It is not a bad life.  Someone may need to hear that today.  I am glad.  I am grateful.  And now I am out of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment