Thursday, February 28, 2013

The School in the Day

   So I was cleaning my house yesterday while my little munchkin was off learning about school stuff.  It was Seuss day so she was having fun.  I was thinking while cleaning about school.  I used to dream about when she when to preschool how for 2 days a week (really just 1 because the other is in bible study) of all the things I would do.  I would have lunch with friends, get a pedicure, read a book, organize the house (mainly the closets...sheesh that needs to be done), clean when needed.  The list was endless and mostly relaxing. 
   Well, reality has struck.  This is February.  She has been in school since September.  1 day I have taken to myself.  1 day I have cleaned.  That is all.  Every other day is taken up with appointments or other things that have to be done.  Yesterday I just took out of necessity.  So if you look at it that way...well nevermind.  Thats not pretty.  When you send your kids off to school I am sure you had the same dreams and they were crushed the same way.  Why did no one tell me of this before hand?  Oh well.  I guess for now I will be grateful, and Thankful for an amazing school that she loves and a gracious God who provides.  Really what more could a girl ask for?  I do have to be truly fair and honest though.  When mom got sick ALL of my free time was there with her.  I praise God for giving me that ability.  Who knows what I could have done or not done?  The moral of the story is that God knows where he wants me to be and what he wants me to do, so that is okay.  Obviously organizing can wait. ;-) Also, on a completely random note...have you noticed how God has been showing off his art skills with the clouds and sky lately!?  Wow it has been beautiful!!!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment